Department: Residential Real Estate
Reports to: RE Department Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Grade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director
Statement of Hire:
At Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics.They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
Job summary: The Real Estate Operations Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the activities of the Residential Real Estate Operations functions and will support the established goals and objectives of the Bank and Department. The successful candidate will ensure that activities within the department are in accordance with appropriate policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements, and result in maximum volume and profitability. He/She will train, direct and appraise assigned personnel, and ensure that all services are delivered professionally and efficiently, and problems are resolved promptly.
- Assumes responsibility for the development of effective operational and compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist the Department Manager in developing short and long term goals and plans for the Residential Real Estate Department.
- Develop policies and procedures for all lending activities within the department and keep them updated as needed.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing systems and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Executes established operational goals and ensures that bank-wide objectives are complemented and supported.
- Identifies and executes improvements in department operations to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assumes responsibility of effect and efficient completion of Residential Real Estate Operational functions.
- Monitors and evaluates work quality, efficiency and productivity. Ensures optimal efficiency is maintained in lending activities.
- Tracks work flow and ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinates schedules and directs Department Operational functions.
- Ensures that lending functions are completed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Performs and assists with complex mortgage functions.
- Ensures projects are completed timely and within original scope.
- Manage vendor and investor relationships
- Effectively supervises Department Staff, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership to personnel through effective goal setting, delegation and communication. Conducts staff meetings as required and informs personnel of policy and procedure changes.
- Ensures personnel are well trained, effective and performing at optimum capacity. Identify training needs and develop and conduct training sessions as appropriate. Cross-train as needed for appropriate coverage of all operational functions.
- Ensure staffing levels are appropriate for maximum efficiency and department loan volume. Assist with interviews, hiring and assigning personnel.
- Conduct performance appraisals as required. Formulate and implement corrective action as needed. Set individual goals with staff members to assist them in achieving their full potential.
- Assist, support and serve personnel as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination and working relationships with Sales Team, Bank personnel and Management.
- Assist and support Management as needed.
- Liaison between department staff and Sales Team to ensure that communication is proactive and effective that working relationships are positive, collaborative, and productive.
- Keep Department Manager informed of department activities and any items of significant concern.
- Participate in meetings as required.
- Ensure Department reports are prepared and submitted as required.
- Assume responsibility for Department Compliance and Audit Activities.
- Ensure all legal, regulatory, and Bank requirements are met in a manner compatible with the highest standards of customer service.
- Ensure all audit information requests are delivered by required deadlines.
- Assist with all department audits whether performed by internal, external or regulatory staff.
- Prepare internal department audit reports as requested.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensure work areas are clean, secure and well maintained.
- Stay informed regarding developments and changes in the residential real estate industry.
- Assist with publicity, education and promotion of the Bank.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- * High School diploma required
- * Higher education coursework relative to job requirements preferred
- * Understanding of the bank policies and procedures
- * 3 or more years Lending-related experience
- * 3 or more years Management experience.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent managerial, communication and public relations skills.
- Good decision making based on sound reasoning
- Highly organized and able to prioritize
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Positive, solutions based attitude
- Personal responsibility and ownership in position
- Exceptional team leadership and team building skills
- The ability to create and implement an effective marketing plan
- Project management experience
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
- Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gas is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
- Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed from a seated position. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as files, documents, and computer printouts. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboard at an advanced skill level.
To apply for this position please submit your resume' and cover letter to HumanResources@BankofthePacific.com. Please reference the position title and location in your subject line.