BUILDING SERVICES TECHNICIAN IIBellingham Housing Authority
POSITION: BUILDING SERVICES TECHNICIAN II NON-EXEMPT
JOB SUMMARY: The Building Services Technician II is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Bellingham Housing Authority’s owned and managed facilities contributing to a safe, healthy and functional living environment for residents. Additionally, this position provides leadership support of the Building Services Technician I.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides leadership and training to the Building Services Technician(s) I.
2. Performs a variety of floor care duties such as mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, vacuuming, sweeping and shampooing.
3. Maintains trash collection, recycling and pet stations. Places trash/recycling in appropriate containers, safely operates dumpster caddy, cleans trash room, pet stations and compactor components.
4. Maintains all common areas, including lobbies, halls, community rooms, restrooms, stairwells, elevators, building exteriors, etc. General cleaning of all surfaces, trash removal, window cleaning, general cleaning and light bulb replacement.
5. Completes minor maintenance and custodial work order tasks as directed in a timely and efficient manner, including reviewing task, acquiring supplies, and performing task.
6. Walks property interiors and exteriors. Picks up and disposes of trash, removes items from trash enclosures and identifies areas of tenant non-compliance and areas in need of attention or repair. Reports findings to maintenance and leasing staff for additional follow-up.
7. Cleans, restores and renovates vacant units. Demolishes items to be replaced and removes trash. Performs light plumbing and electrical work. Additionally, performs paint preparation and wall painting. Maintains floors, carpentry, and windows.
8. Programs call boxes and delivers keys/cards.
9. Performs routine pest control functions as needed.
10. Assist with garbage and furniture pickup and delivery to refuse locations.
11. Performs regular roof and solar panel cleaning.
12. Assists with training new Building Services Technicians.
13. Assists Maintenance Technician with basic building system, plumbing and electrical repairs.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains equipment in clean and proper working order.
- Properly requisitions necessary supplies.
- On occasion works overnight to wax floors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
This position primarily works indoors in vacant housing units, "community" areas and administrative areas of housing authority facilities. Some work is performed outdoors. Incumbents must be able to effectively utilize cleaning and maintenance tools and properly handle cleaning chemicals. The incumbent is exposed to construction site hazards and inclement weather. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a routine basis and 75 lbs with assistance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to climb, crawl and work at roof level heights while cleaning and performing basic maintenance tasks.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy manual labor.
- Knowledge of cleaning best practices, techniques, equipment, and chemicals.
- Ability to train and mentor.
- Ability to properly follow Safety Data Sheets.
- Ability to properly use chemicals including appropriate dilutions.
- Knowledge of fall protection and safety practices.
- Ability to read, write, understand the English language, follow and understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work with and around a wide range of people.
- Ability to recognize and guard against unsanitary conditions and hazards, including removal and disposal of biohazards. Performs assigned work in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of standard construction and maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of pest control techniques.
- Maintain dependable, punctual attendance.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of uninterrupted work experience and experience using a variety of cleaning tools such as vacuums, buffers, and carpet cleaners.
- One year of maintenance work experience using a variety of hand construction and repair tools.
- Licenses or Certificates
- Must possess valid Washington State Motor Vehicle Operator's License and an acceptable driving record (according to BHA standards).
- Must acquire State of Washington Department of Labor and Industries Basic First Aid Card and CPR certification within one year of employment.
- State pesticide applicator’s license required within 6 months of employment.
TO APPLY: For the full job description and to download forms go to www.bellinghamhousing.org, or obtain a packet from our front desk, located at 208 Unity Street, Bellingham, WA. Lobby Hours: 9am-4pm (M-F).
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA:
• EMAIL: email@example.com
• FAX: 360-676-7747
• MAIL: P.O. BOX 9701, BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
THE BELLINGHAM HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER