GROUNDS TECH 1
Bellingham Housing Authority Bellingham, WA Full-time Construction / Physical Labor / Skilled Trades
Posted on September 1, 2022
Grounds Tech I
Performs grounds maintenance & repair. $38,486–41,228/yr. DOQ. Apply a by 9/20.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs lawn care functions such as mowing, pruning, trimming, fertilizing, aerating, thatching, weed control and watering.
- Services and maintains grounds equipment, irrigation systems, rain drain systems, etc. Assures equipment is ready for operation, adjusts and repairs sprinklers, and cleans gutters and roofs.
- Performs tree and shrub care such as pruning, shaping and fertilizing.
- Performs daily work preparations as assigned.
- Performs pesticide applications as needed and/or as directed.
- Performs pressure washing, and cleaning of roofs, gutters, storm drains.
- Performs repairs to gutters, downspouts, fencing and other areas as needed.
Other Job Functions
- Demolishes items to be replaced and removes trash.
- Cleans, prepares and paints exterior walls, including removing graffiti as needed.
- Picks up garbage, furniture and delivers to refuse location.
- Performs snow and ice removal.
- Performs other general labor as assigned and may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends as needed.