Director of Nursing (DON)
$100,000 Salary Full-Time
***SIGNING BONUS $3500***
REDUCE STRESS AND MANAGE YOUR WORK HOURS
BRIGHTSTAR CARE - DIRECTOR OF NURSING (DON)
Looking for an entrepreneurial nursing job where you make a meaningful difference in people’s lives? Do you want to work for the very best home care agency, one that genuinely cares about you and your clients as a person? Faith-Alliance, LLC (DBA BrightStar Care of Bellingham/Mt. Vernon) is proud to offer you the opportunity to pursue your nursing career passions at your own level, on a flexible schedule, and with the pay and recognition that energizes your lifestyle. Come join a dynamic team that works (and rows) together to uphold A Higher Standard for our in-home clients that depend on our best of class quality personal and nursing care services.
What We Offer:
At BrightStar Care, we value our employees and their clients, focusing our energies to improve and support their life experiences. We strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus (Commission) $875 at signing, $875 at 60-days, $875 at 120-days, and $875 at 180-days
- Exclusive Employee Discount and Gift Program
- Generous Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement Plan 401(k)
- Medical Insurance Stipend
- Supplemental Dental & Vision Insurance
- Whole and Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Continuing Education and Training
- Dynamic Team with Registered Nurse (RN) Oversight
- Employee referral bonus
- Enterprise Champion for Quality…8-YEARS IN A ROW!
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Flexible schedules on a variety of assignments, procedures, and treatments
- Weekend and evening opportunities, in-home and facility based
- Independently operated by knowledgeable, positive and caring owners
- HomeCare Pulse Employer of Choice
- Providing a variety of in-home and assisted living assignments, procedures, and treatments
- Caregivers and Nurses utilize Mobile time tracking and care notes, for best-in-class treatments/services and easy clock in/out from a mobile device. Online or offline
- >95% of BrightStar locations are Joint Commission Accredited or in process!
BrightStar Director of Nursing (DON) Responsibilities
- Provides care as defined within the scope of the state’s nurse practice act.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the client’s nursing needs.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers agency policies and procedures.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel/care-giving staff.
- Plans and implements in-service and training programs.
- Oversees the maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care. Shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
- Current unrestricted RN license in state for which care is being provided
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience with one (1) year experience in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, preferred.
- Reliable car/auto insurance
- Clean background and criminal record
- Understands regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations
- Adhere to HIPAA and maintain client confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
- Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
- Proven ability to build quality and implement improvements within the operation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytic/Critical thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
- Case management skills are a plus
- Policy development is a plus
- Ability to travel to clients if needed, including weekends, nights and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.