Director of Student Financial Services
Director of Student Financial Services
Cayuga Community College, (CCC), an affiliate of The State University of New York (SUNY), is recruiting for the position of Director of Student Financial Services. This is a twelve-month position in the Administrative/Professional group.
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, this Director is responsible for policy making, administration, compliance, and coordination of all student financial aid programs. With accountability for daily operations, the Director will: lead, mentor, and develop the Student Financial Services staff; develop new policies and procedures to enhance efficiency; complete all required annual federal, state, and institutional reports; maximize and leverage existing technology and resources; and work closely with the Vice President for Student Affairs and Chief Financial Officer to effectively administer all facets of the Financial Aid process and student billing.
- The Director provides the vision, leadership and management of the Student Financial Services and its staff on two campuses.
- Collaborates with college CFO to coordinate Bursar/Assistant Director of Student Financial Services in support of student billing and accounts receivable activity.
- The Director is responsible for administering the college’s financial aid policy and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state law and regulation.
- The Director works collaboratively with the offices of Admission, Registrar, Business, Student Development, and Information Technology in the delivery of federal, state, institutional, and private Financial Aid.
- The Director oversees the Student Employment functions of the Federal Work Study program and the Institutional Work Study program.
- The Director leads the effort to provide exceptional communication and customer service to students, parents, the college and the community.
- The Director ensures that the administration of Financial Aid follows regulatory compliance and good stewardship of institutional, private, federal and state financial aid funds.
- The Director is responsible for maintaining the knowledge base in the Financial Aid Office in regards to federal and state financial aid policy and providing staff training as required and best practices
- The Director is responsible for the functioning of Financial Aid and supporting the student billing processes in the Banner Management Information system.
- The Director is responsible for the efficient and effective daily administrative and organizational functions of the office and will oversee the application review and packaging of financial assistance for all new and continuing students.
- The Director works with the college’s auditing firm on the required annual federal audit.
- The Director is responsible for implementing outreach activities in the community and with area high schools in an effort to promote access to financial aid programs and financial literacy.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5 years of work experience in financial aid services, student accounts, or a related field
- Previous supervisory experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Banner experience preferred
COMPENSATION: Cayuga offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits and retirement options, ample leave time including 24 accrued vacation days during the first year of employment, December break time off, Spring break time off, and reduced summer hours.
Review of applications will begin on May 9. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Cayuga does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment, based on an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identification, gender expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction or any other category protected by law. The College adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in public institutions of higher education.