Project ManagerDawson Construction
Based out of Bellingham, Washington, Dawson Construction is growing and we are looking for an experienced, motivated Project Manager to join our team. Our Project Manager is a natural leader with a sense of urgency that can guide a dynamic, collaborative team through the construction process, from preconstruction to commissioning.
- Ensures safety is an everyday topic and supersedes all other factors to prevent accidents and create a safe working environment for everyone.
- Demonstrates a dedication to clients through quality services, building long term relationships, and ensuring projects exceed expectations.
- Independently estimates own projects while managing current workload.
- Lead preconstruction services including conceptual estimating, management of design schedule, development of project master schedule, value engineering, constructability reviews and project risk analysis and development of subcontractor bid packages.
- Build, update and execute on aggressive project schedules.
- Responsible for project financial outcomes and ability to accurately forecast project costs and profitability.
- Lead and stay current with project changes. Proactively negotiate change orders with project owners, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Stay ahead of and proactively resolve project issues.
- Responsible for all project procurement including buyout, scope writing, subcontract negotiations, submittal review and assuring proper materials and subcontractors are to the project on time.
- Able to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple team members including clients, partners, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Extremely organized and exhibit a high attention to detail.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills .
- Ability to establish enduring industry relationships through fair and honest construction management.
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience managing commercial construction projects and at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Fluency in Spanish is a bonus.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
Equal employment opportunity employer/Disabled/Vets and Drug Free Workplace.