Food Safety AssistantDriscoll's
Driscoll’s - Bellingham WA. or Lynden, WA., $18-$19/hour – Full-time, Temporary (March – October)
Driscoll’s, is seeking an outstanding individual as a Food Safety Assistant, to help support food safety, regulatory and social compliance in our blueberry and blackberry operations in the Pacific Northwest: Washington and Oregon, USA. and British Columba, Canada. Under the supervision of the Food Safety & Integrity Manager, this position will work remote in northwest Washington State. Helping to implementation Good Agricultural and Good Harvesting Practices amongst our growing and harvesting operations. As well as ensuring that packing houses and distribution centers follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Promote Driscoll’s Food Safety program by educating growers, customers, and employees.
- Serve as a food safety resource for all affiliated growers.
- Train growers for water sampling. And support completion of FSMA Water Data Sheets (Water Quality Profiles).
- Sample fruit from all growers to ensure pesticide MRL compliance.
- Monitor, update and verify grower ranch lists and maps.
- Participate in Risk Assessments of new ranches, sites and growers.
- Assist ranch, sites and grower in food safety audit preparation. Along with, attending and participating in audits.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- Review fruit sample chain of custody forms and testing results for accuracy
- Assess each existing grower’s current food safety programs including; sanitation, harvest and cultural practices.
- Identify areas of improvement and practical means to achieve them.
- Participate in Internal Audit/Inspection program as extension of Driscoll’s Food Safety Manual Policy.
- Completed Food Safety Internal audit checklist for every visit to producing property.
- Review audits and enforce Company Food Safety Policy relative to audits.
- Monitor corrective action and compliance status at each operation.
- Help growers with specific audit response Corrective Action Plans and share best practices across organization
- Maintain food safety records and databases. And Support traceability documentation and recall practices.
- Fulfill customer and grower requests for information and help audit fruit clearing at coolers.
- Knowledge of Good Agricultural Practices and Agricultural Chemicals.
- Agricultural experience in food safety, worker safety and pest control
- Read and Write English.
- Valid Driver’s License with Available Vehicle
- Current Passport, with the ability to travel to Canada.