#526730 - Coordinator of Administrative Services
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Coordinator Admin. Services to join our team of professionals.
- Process payments and tracks expenses in accordance with federal, state, and University guidelines for each OSA unit.
- Compiles, monitors, analyzes, and reports the budgetary performance of each OSA unit on a monthly basis. Serves as the backup to the Travel Specialist to manage the medical student travel process as needed.
- Tracks expenses and issues agency reports. Works closely with Senior Coordinator of Student Programs on purchasing and reconciliation of accounts.
- Oversees the management of the OSA supply inventory by maintaining organized supply rooms and placing orders as need for operational and student needs.
- Maintains and updates the COM - Office of Student Affairs Front Desk Manual & Office of Student Affairs Financials Manual.
- Serves as the lead contact at the OSA front desk and responds to general questions and student inquiries.
- Serves as a member on the OSA Events Committee. Participates and assists in special COM Office of Student Affairs events such as Orientation, Match Day, and graduation as requested.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, and the Assistant Dean for Student Services, as needed including, but not limited to maintaining calendar, setting appointments, handling correspondence, and preparing meeting documents.
- Performs routine functions using the university credit card on behalf of the department in accordance with university policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 526730. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.