Financial Analyst 2 - 528413
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
Financial Analyst 2 - 528413
Works closely with the CARTA Dean's Office (BBC) Assistant Director of Finance in the preparation of the annual budget forecast for all funding sources for assigned departments. Maintains and analyzes accounts/budget data to prepare reports as needed to ensure a successful fiscal year closure. Interprets and applies federal, state and/or University guidelines, policies, and procedures in controlling, compiling, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on financial operations such as budgeting, forecasting, financial planning, and financial performance.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget based on historical analysis and future projections for assigned departments within CARTA.
- Manages the monthly reconciliation and variance analysis process for all fund sources for assigned departments. Works closely with department personnel to ensure all fiscal deadlines are met, records are current, and that departments are fiscally responsible.
- Provides guidance to departments on the vendor process and the procurement of goods and services.
- Serves as Procurement Card approver/back-up approver for assigned card holders. Assures compliance and adherence to University credit card policies and procedures. Maintains records of Procurement Card receipts for assigned cardholders.
- Prepares payroll transfers to correct salary allocations. Performs bi-weekly review of payroll detail reports to ensure permanent and OPS positions are allocated correctly. Conducts frequent reviews of adjunct contracts to confirm budget availability.
- Processes ID transfers to re-class revenues and expenses to correct funding sources. Processes budget transfers to clear exceptions.
- Assists faculty Principal Investigator (PI)s in preparing budget for grant proposals and in processing and monitoring grant expenditures.
- Develops or assists with new business proposals including pricing structure of revenue generators, cost estimates and capital requirements. Prepares Activity Number, Project ID, and Department Maintenance Request Forms to support new initiatives.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline and two (2) years of experience in related field or Master's degree in related discipline.
- Eligible to participate in FIU's alternate worksite policy.
- Experience in accounting, budgeting or finance in a higher education setting preferred.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $55,000 - $58,000
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Required to spend 50% or more of time operating a computer
- Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply, please visit http://careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 528413
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.