Senior Executive Assistant
Senior Executive Assistant
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Senior Executive Assistant to join our team of professionals.
- Plans and directs the day-to-day activities of the department leadership office. As well as, overseeing correspondence, logistical planning, data collection, and project and event management. Facilitates communication with the leadership and executive management team of the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine in a timely and efficient manner. Understands and interprets the College's and University's policies, as well as, administrative and fiscal rules and policies, in order to advise the Director accordingly in related matters.
- Creates, maintains, and updates databases and records for the Director, Center faculty, and overall, Center initiatives, such as grants, contracts, publications, curriculum vitae, and National Institute of Health (NIH) biosketch.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and liaison to the Director and Center leadership including matters outside the College of Medicine, including other Universities, national and international organizations as well as media requests and external invitations. Researches and prioritizes incoming issues and determines course of action.
- Oversees the administrative functions of the Center to ensure a streamlined workflow for the Center's executive leadership including administrative support and oversight/compliance of Director travel requests and reimbursements by FIU and external entities.
- Schedules major development activities, site visits, and visiting faculty for the Director and coordinates involvement in major events within the University and outside the University.
- Recommends and leads the implementation of various new or improved office operation policies and procedures and requirements.
- Facilitates, for multiple individuals and groups, the coordination of meeting agendas, identifies and communicates with meeting participants, coordinates all related logistics, prepares and distributes appropriate briefing materials and ensures that appropriate follow-up actions are taken. Initiates subsequent follow-up meetings and communication for key stakeholders as directed.
- Researches and compiles data and information to develop written annual Center reports and creates electronic presentations for oral reports.
- Responsible for coordinating the Director's meetings with leadership in HWCOM and FIU at large, including timely meeting minutes and follows up on action items.
- Develops memos, communications, and correspondence. Reviews and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine significance and plan distribution.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of office or related experience providing administrative support, or coordinating functions of an office or department; OR eight (8) years of office or related experience providing administrative support, or coordinating functions of an office or department; OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Experience managing files and records, streamlining procedures, documenting faculty scholarship activities.
Experience handling media and funders inquiries.
Experience supporting executive level professionals, faculty and/or physicians.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 531069.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.