Temp Program Specialist (530588)
Temp Program Specialist
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College Of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Specialist to join their team of professionals.
- Provides direct administrative support in the planning and preparation of course sessions and material for the Foundations of the Community Engaged Physician, Community Medicine Practicum, and Community Engaged Physician (I, II, III) courses in the Medicine and Society Strand.
- Assists with the day-to-day tracking of student assignment deficiencies, absences and other student issues in the Community Engaged Physician (I, II, III) course series.
- Follows up and provides status updates to course directors on student related issues.
- Assists with the daily management of the Community Engaged Physician course inbox including direct follow up with NeighborhoodHelp Outreach staff, on student household inquiries.
- Day-to-day management of course related content in the online learning management system for the Community Engaged Physician (I, II, III) course series, including posting announcements, posting/reviewing/releasing student grades, and the developing course session modules.
- Assists with coordinating and organizing the annual interprofessional workshop, including scheduling committee meetings, preparing event materials, organizing event set up, collecting and entering survey data for evaluation of the event.
- Organizes and prepares course/program meetings, including gathering agenda items, preparing meeting materials, sending out meeting reminders, and reviewing faculty calendars for availability, taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- Assist with the maintenance of course records and files for the Community Engaged Physician (I, II, III) courses.
- High school diploma or GED and six (6) years of office or related experience coordinating functions of an office or department
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive information
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 530588.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.