Program and Communications Coordinator, Liberty & Law Center
The Liberty & Law Center at Scalia Law School at George Mason University is seeking a Program and Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Liberty & Law Center’s Director, the Program and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the successful execution of Liberty & Law Center events and communications.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Include, but are not limited to:
- Program and Event Development
- Assisting with the development of event and program concepts;
- Planning the execution and details of programs and events; and
- Coordinating with collaborators, speakers, and other potential stakeholders.
Event and Program Management
- Coordinating with vendors to ensure event success;
- Creating event invitations and response templates using event software program;
- Ensuring all aspects of the events are executed in a timely manner;
- Managing problems as they occur; and
- Providing a positive experience for attendees.
Communications Planning and Execution
- Promoting the Liberty Center’s programs, events, and research through a variety of online platforms;
- Generating content for social media, web, email, and other communications;
- Planning timelines for the foregoing and executing on that timeline;
- Maintaining the Center’s contacts database, including organizing and updating contact information and email lists; and
- Designing flyers, newsletters, and collateral, including donor communications.
- Developing fundraising materials;
- Working on fundraising campaigns; and
- Tracking donor and prospective donor outreach.
- Supporting all day-to-day aspects of running an academic center; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Event planning experience;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities effectively;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and detail-oriented;
- Ability to interact with persons at all levels, including high-level legal officials and academics, in a professional manner;
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills;
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office suite; and
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Experience using email marketing platforms such as Constant Contact;
- Experience with event management software such as Cvent;
- Experience with graphic design;
- Experience with Wordpress;
- Experience working at a legal or public policy organization; and
- A strong interest in law and public policy.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 10556z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.