Data & System Analyst
Data & System Analyst
The Advancement Data & System Analyst will support Advancement oriented business applications with data acquisitions, data interfaces, data Integrity analysis and data cleanup projects with a focus on quality and efficiency. The core areas of duty are:
- Serve as lead for University Advancement data import (interfaces) efforts.
- Manage data acquisition projects for data appends and data screenings.
- Provides data entry and data analysis support for the University Advancement System to sustain data quality efforts.
- Support s data integrity (data clean-up & bulk load) projects for the University Advancement System.
- Provide back-up coverage for Advancement systems application support and/or reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage quality efforts to ensure data integrity for information imported into the UA system from the Student and HR Systems. Provide data verification prior to loading for faculty/staff employment, major/minors, students, graduates, parents and scholarship beneficiaries.
- Direct testing and validation activities for system enhancements and bug fixes to the UA system interfaces (SA & HR). Develop and maintain a strong relationship with IT technical staff to communicate UA business requirements and the reporting of system defects. Manage interface testing for upgrades.
- Create catalog of audit queries.
- Distribute and oversee cleanup projects for incorrect data found in audits and integrity checks.
- Serve as technical lead for data integrity efforts. Analysis data from purchased address, phone, email and/or wealth screenings & surveys and bulk load this data into the UA System. Evaluate data issues in the UA System and communicate cleanup needs and manage cleanup efforts.
- Participate in new implementation for Advancement related business systems with a focus on continuing data interfacing, data acquisition, and data integrity and quality assurance.
- Demonstrated experience working with data systems and performing data quality efforts.
- Experience using SQL and reporting tools to access system data and validate its quality.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications
- Experience in Higher Education Advancement Systems or similar Constituent management systems
- Experience in software quality assurance
- Experience working with data screening services to provide updates to bio/demographic information
- Experience bulk loading data into an Information System and validating the results
- Experiencing Cognos, TOAD, PeopleSoft Higher Ed Applications
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.