LASALLE COUNTY RECORDER'S OFFICE
It is the intention of the LaSalle County Recorder's Office to fill an opening for the position of Index Clerk, Grade I.
This is a full-time union position including benefits. Work hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
For more information, job description and applications go to the county's website at https://lasallecountyil.gov/employment/
Interested persons should apply by completing a County Employment Application and return it along with a resume to: LaSalle County Recorder, Governmental Complex, 707 E. Etna Road, Ottawa, IL 61350.
Deadline to submit applications is JUNE 10, 2022.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
It is the duty of this position to insure the integrity of land records and other documents to be recorded in LaSalle County and to maintain an accurate and indexed account of those records, both public and private, and to assist the public, when necessary in the recovery and viewing of the record.
- Assist customers on the phone, at the counter and with recording and searching documents of public record and available for public viewing
- Assist Veterans with recording and recovery of military discharge records (not available for public access)
- Record new documents through four-step process - Document prep, processing, auditing and posting
- Verify all PTAX information and routing for recorded deeds
- Scan old (previously recorded but unscanned) documents and enter into system for back indexing
- Data entry / Back index old documents
- Maintain deed logs/indexes for various subdivisions
- Work with vendors to assure continuity of the Recorder’s Office
- Cross-train to perform the additional duties of the position of Index Proof Clerk in the absence of the person currently filling that position
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all policies and procedures as established by the LaSalle County Board and the Office of the Recorder of Deeds.
- Performs all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the County’s Safety Policy and Procedure Manual.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency on keyboard (typing skills) and experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to effectively communicate with the public and co-workers
- Ability to follow direction and work independently
- Team player with willingness to support departmental success