Support Technician I
OPEN: October 21, 2021
CLOSES: Until Filled
LOCATION: Tribal Administration
SUPERVISOR: Technical Support Manager
DURATION: Regular Full-Time
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance and Paid Holidays.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide user support for Lummi Indian Business Council's computer systems. Perform all aspects of workstation support including installation and configuration of computers, hardware problem diagnosis and repair, application installation, and assist with network connectivity troubleshooting. Support Technician I records all contacts, troubleshooting steps, and resolutions into the IT service desk management application. Assist technical operations staff with special projects, support and field work.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Install, maintain and service workstation technologies (desktops, laptops, thin clients, phones, monitors, printers, scanners, tablets, et cetera.)
- Receive and respond to technical questions via telephone, e-mail, walk-ups, and callbacks in a timely manner, in accordance with current procedures
- Confer with users, read technical documentation, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems
- Maintain daily communication transactions, problem resolutions taken, and installation activity records
- Refer major hardware and software problems or defective products to vendors for service to ensure problem resolution
- Provide technical support on-site and remotely ensuring a positive impact on user satisfaction
- Update documentation for technical support processes and procedures
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users
- High School Diploma or GED
- AA or AAS in a technical discipline
- And 2 of the following:
- 1 year of technical support (volunteer, internship or work) experience in a Desktop or Help Desk support role
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification on current (within previous 2 years) Microsoft Windows workstation operating system platform (Must be completed during 90-Day Orientation)
- CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association) A+, Network+, and/or Linux+ Certification (Must be completed during 90-Day Orientation)
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license and meet eligibility requirements for tribal insurance.
- Lummi/Native American/Veteran preference policy applies.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Able to acquire and maintain LIBC security clearance enabling the ability to be dispatched and exposed to any LIBC department, entity, data, facility or conversation that deals with judicial administration, law enforcement, education, finance, et cetera.
- Knowledge of the following areas:
- Current Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Current Apple operating systems
- Deployment of computer software images for both Microsoft Windows and thin client computers
- Detect, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with workstation technologies
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Function as a team player while maintaining a consistent and positive professional attitude
- Possess a high level of interpersonal skills to meet or exceed customer service requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol test to be eligible for and maintain employment, as required by the LIBC Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace Policy.
- This position has direct access to security sensitive data, facilities and possible contact with Indian Children and is therefore subject to an extensive Criminal Background Check and CAMIS Check.
- Must have no convictions of moral turpitude or felony and not have been convicted during the past year of a misdemeanor.
- No criminal behavior, on or off duty.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.