System AdministratorLummi Indian Business Council
Job Title: System Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Open: October 30, 2018
Closes: November 12, 2018
Salary: Depends on experience
Duration: Regular Full Time
The System Administrator is responsible for installation, configuration, provisioning, operation, and maintenance of Lummi Indian Business Council’s systems hardware and software. This individual performs technical research to ensure that system hardware, operating systems and software systems advance to meet future needs. They participate on projects with other staff and vendors to assess, design and implement systems related technologies. This individual is accountable for servers that support a multitude of infrastructure types including security, mail, print, file, database and application systems. The System Administrator schedules, performs and monitors file and system backups, restores and recovery. They are responsible for virtual machine hosts and guest management tasks in both production and development environments. The System Administrator will be required to perform and assist other staff in diagnosing and solving system related interruptions or performance problems.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- AA or AAS in a computer or science field.
- 8 years of experience in an information technology system administration.
OR; Eight (8) years’ progressive advancement within an information technology department such as;
- Two (2) years’ experience as Helpdesk or Administrative Assistant in an information technology department or equivalent position AND;
- Two (2) years’ experience as Computer Support Technician I or equivalent position AND;
- Two (2) years’ experience as Computer Support Technician II or equivalent position AND;
- Two (2) years’ experience as Computer Support Technician III or equivalent position
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license and meet eligibility requirements for tribal insurance.
- Lummi/Native American/Veteran preference policy applies.