Water Resources Specialist III/HydrologistLummi Indian Business Council
OPEN: January 8, 2018
CLOSES: January 31, 2018
SALARY: $25.09 – $32.32 per hour
DURATION: Regular Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Water Resources Specialist III/Hydrologist (Hydrologist) will assist the Water Resources Manager to provide administrative and technical support services to the Lummi Indian Business Council (LIBC) Natural Resources Department (LNR). Administrative duties may include supporting program planning, reporting, grant administration, and staff coordination. Technical duties may include conducting and coordinating biological and/or hydrological studies/reviews and/or providing technical review and drafting comments on project or program proposals to ensure protection of Treaty resources, particularly those related to water quality/quantity, shellfish, and anadromous fish stocks. Project proposals that could be reviewed include, but are not limited to: flood control projects; industrial, urban, and residential development proposals; road and bridge construction and repairs; agricultural practices; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) license applications; National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit applications; and marine docks/piers. The Hydrologist will coordinate with the LNR Technical Review Committee representative to screen on-Reservation permit applications for potential impact to Treaty resources within the boundaries of the Lummi Reservation. The Hydrologist will also be responsible for developing, updating, reviewing, and/or supporting the implementation of LNR and Lummi Water Resources Division (LWRD) assessment reports and planning documents, coordinating the Lummi Nation Spill Prevention and Response Team efforts, supporting the LIBC Multi-Hazard Mitigation Team efforts, and supporting floodplain management efforts. The Water Resources Specialist III/Hydrologist will also perform other duties as assigned related to natural resource management.
· Bachelor of Science degree in hydrology, ecology/biology, wetlands management, water resources management, environmental science, environmental policy, or closely related natural resources management field with 5 years minimum of experience in natural resources management;
· Or Master of Science degree in hydrology, ecology/biology, wetlands management, water resources management, environmental science, environmental policy, or closely related natural resources management field with three years of required experience.
· The successful applicant may receive a grade 10 if they meet the above minimum qualifications and in addition the following:
· Certified Professional Hydrologist (PH) or Professional Hydrogeologist (PHG) preferred.
· Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license and meet eligibility requirements for tribal insurance.
· Lummi/Native American/Veteran preference policy applies.
To obtain a Lummi Indian Business Council (LIBC) application go to: http://lnnr.lummi-nsn.gov/LummiWebsite/Website.php?PageID=376 or request by firstname.lastname@example.org For more information contact the HR front desk (360) 312-2023. Submit LIBC application, cover letter, resume & reference letters no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date listed above. If listing degrees or certifications include copies. Mailing Address: 2665 Kwina Road, Bellingham, WA 98226. Human Resource Fax number: 360-380-6991.