Accounting AssistantMount Baker Theatre
Looking for Accounting Assistant.
Assist Finance Manager with accounting tasks.
This job is detail oriented and includes a significant amount of data entry. Accuracy and efficiency are critical. Must be able to type proficiently, organize, file, sort, take direction, maintain confidential information, and understand basic accounting.
- Record all transactions from the Municipal Business Tax Ticket Office Daily Summary report into general ledger and Excel subsidiary ledgers.
- Record concessions sales to general ledger and Excel subsidiary ledgers.
- Reconcile electronic transactions to bank account for previous day.
- Track accounts receivable: sponsors, advertisers, etc., in Excel subsidiary ledgers.
- Enter pre-coded accounts payable invoices into general ledger and Excel subsidiary ledgers.
- Record Visa charges to general ledger and accounts payable subsidiary ledger.
- Notify Finance Manager when accounts are ready to be reconciled or when out of balances occur.
- Prepare accounts payable checks for review of Finance Manager on a regular weekly basis.
- After signature, process checks for mailing and/or distribution.
- Maintain copies of invoices and check stubs in appropriate files.
- Record check deposits to appropriate general ledger account and subsidiary ledgers and prepare weekly deposit slip.
- Process all accounting outgoing mail daily at postage machine.
- Assist with financial records management as needed (i.e. transfer previous year's records to boxes for storage and safekeeping).
This is a permanent part time, hourly job with the expectation that work hours will be consistent 4 hour blocks each day to be determined by supervisor.
There may be some additional hours required based on customary flow of business.
This position also receives 1/2 time benefits.