Finance DirectorMount Baker Theatre
Purpose of the Job: Primary accounting, personnel/human resource and financial management for the Theatre.
- Maintain books for complex accounting operation, and keep financial, personnel, insurance, and operational contracts for the organization, using computerized systems.
- Balance and reconcile accounts and ticket income reports.
- Manage and maintain all HR/Personnel records, secure and maintain all necessary information for new hires, provide necessary reporting for union, City, and annual audit.
- Prepare internal and external monthly, annual, and as-needed financial reports.
- Issue invoices and purchase orders, accounts payable checks, and payroll.
- Make timely tax and benefit payments and deposits.
- Develop draft event budgets for all MBT presentations.
- Determine event settlements and payments. - Maintain accounting and records for grants and special projects.
- Prepare financial reports for Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Finance Committee meetings as requested.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget, capital budget, and cash flow projections.
- Computer liaison to technical service company.
- Participate in other administrative functions and duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Accounting degree strongly preferred.
- Five (5) year minimum accounting experience may substitute. Extensive Peachtree and Excel required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Smart Sheets, database management, credit card processing, and PCI compliance would be very beneficial.
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry also beneficial.
- Ability to learn and use new computer programs as needed.
- Ability to organize time and work with minimal supervision.
Full time salaried position, 40 hours per week, plus attendance at Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings, Finance Committee meetings, significant public events at the theatre, and other hours as needed.
Classification: Regular, Full time, Salaried (Exempt). Salary commensurate with experience, midpoint of range $60,000.
Employer: The Mount Baker Theatre is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt Washington corporation with offices at 104 North Commercial Street, Bellingham, WA 98225.