Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
New River Community College (NRCC) is a comprehensive community college located in the New River Valley of Virginia. At NRCC you can prepare for the future with any of our various occupational programs or college transfer courses. NRCC faculty members are well known not just for their academic background, but also for their capacity to work closely and effectively with students. You’ll find that they have a genuine interest in your success. They also have excellent academic credentials. All faculty who teach college transfer courses have doctorates or master’s degrees, while those in occupational programs have a diverse background which combines academics with practical on-the-job experience. In recent years individual professors and college programs have received state and national awards for their quality.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategies related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Develop and implement inclusive hiring practices to ensure a diverse talent pool.
- Oversee onboarding processes for new hires.
- Create and manage performance review criteria and schedule.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures across the organization.
- Handle workplace conflicts, investigations, and terminations.
- Oversee training initiatives that address employees’ needs and feedback.
- Oversee and manage a pay plan by conducting regular pay surveys.
- Implement and manage benefit programs.
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are up-to-date and in line with current employment law.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of data required for compliance.
- Oversee daily operations of the HR department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Management level experience delivering HR services.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to maintain discretion and the highest ethical and professional standards while managing confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative manner in a team-oriented environment.
- Related HR certification such as SHRM or SPHR.
- HR responsibility within a public, postsecondary educational institution or system.
Go to https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/65700 to view the full job posting and/or to apply.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.