Mainframe Development Lead
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 567215 # of Positions 1
Business Title Mainframe Development Lead Title Code No 95710 Level 00
Civil Service Title IT PROJECT SPECIALIST Proposed Salary Range $140,000.00 - $150,000.00 (Annual)
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Job Category Technology, Data & Innovation
Career Level Experienced (non-manager)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit Ops/Tech Syst Pyrl
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Mainframe Development Lead.
FISA maintains a mainframe Payroll Management System (PMS) that is integrated with the City's Timekeeping (CItyTime) and Personnel (NYCAPS) applications. Additionally, there are integrated interfaces between PMS to the Financial Management System (FMS) for active employees. Also, FISA maintains a mainframe Pension Payroll Management System (PPMS) that is integrated and interfaces with five separate pension agencies for retirees. Mainframe development work is triaged through the analyst group and as the mainframe development lead, the Lead manages 10+ programmer analyst staff and provides expert technical and functional analyses related to mainframe applications. At the direction of the Technical Systems Director, the Lead shall review the business/technical requirements, and provide technical guidance as well as architectural suggestions. The Lead shall manage the overall work for the group in supporting the current ongoing development work, assist in the design, review, and support highly complex PMS replacement projects. The Lead shall work closely with the FISA analytic, testing, and operations staff to create accurate and efficient processes. The Lead shall provide programmer analyst resource support for production payroll and pension payroll activities.
Manage programmer analyst staff and work in a techno-functional capacity with a strong understanding of business processes, mainframe programming (COBOL), and relational databases to manage programmer analyst staff, design, program, review, and assist in determining impact of change to programs and systems. The Lead shall also review and analyze program specifications to determine the effort needed to make changes. The Lead shall also maintain, schedule, as well as be part of the On-Call duty roster for overnight and weekend batch HR/Payroll and Timekeeping processes.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
2. An associate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
3. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
4. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above.
10+ years as a senior mainframe (COBOL/IMS/DB2) programmer
• 10+ years experience with JCL/PROCS/CTLCARDS
• 10+ years experience designing, programming, and architecture in a mainframe environment
• 10+ years experience with production coverage and troubleshooting
• 10+ years experience with RMDS/EXPEDITER/File-Aid for IMS/DB2
• 7+ years experience with the management of Technical Staff
• 7+ years experience designing the architecture of mainframe applications and dependencies
• 7+ years experience in the preparation of structure charts or invocation diagrams
• 5+ years experience of the City's legacy payroll and pension payroll management systems
• 5+ years experience of the City's personnel processing
• 5+ years experience of the City's timekeeping processing
• Excellent understanding of systems development lifecycle methodologies
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with other groups in an enterprise wide, large-scale matrix environment.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to establish a roadmap for operational improvement
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational and strong project management skills.
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with other groups in an enterprise wide, large-scale matrix environment
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 567215. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
Public Svc Loan Forgiveness
As a prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s website at StudentAid.gov/PSLF.
35 hours Weekly/Day
5 Manhattan West
New York City Residency is not required for this position
POSTING DATE 01/04/2023
POST UNTIL Until Filled
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.