Northwestern University is seeking applications for the position of IT AS App Dev & Ops.
Develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software. Typically works with senior staff, but may coordinate smaller or less complex projects independently. Designs and implements basic technical solutions ensuring that business needs and requirements are met. Performs basic system integration tasks. Provides estimation for assigned tasks.
- Participates in the development of new goals and strategies based on interactions with primary user.
- Develops plans for software deployment on heterogeneous systems.
- Collaborates with user to develop work flow and best practices.
- Partners with user in designing features for technology.
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone, online, in-person, etc.
- Creates and maintains code documentation.
- Grants system access to new user.
- Evaluates feature/upgrade/change requests and recommends action.
- Participates in interview process for new hires.
- Identifies database and software performance issues, and makes adjustments.
- Researches and develops new algorithms and statistical techniques designed for analyzing data based on customer needs.
- Develops and maintains software infrastructure, via patches, bundles, releases and maintenance packs.
- Codes software applications adhering to designs supporting internal business requirements or external user.
- Completes tier 3 troubleshooting.
- Designs databases and data structures.
- Prioritizes tasks within project.
- Meets with business analyst/stakeholder to determine requirements.
- Opens tickets with vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 years relevant experience required.
- Please see information highlighted in tables below.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Enterprise architecture
- Problem solving
- Use-case analysis
- Code documentation
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Organizational skills
- Workflow development & documentation
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Programming experience in a structured programming language.
- Experience writing SQL to manipulate and extract data from a database.
- Experience configuring and/or developing enhancements with an ERP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and collaborative skills
- Must have demonstrated an ability to work independently
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to identify and analyze significant problems and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively one-to-one and in small groups
- Experience working directly with functional analysts
- Experience designing and implementing web services.
- Experience with a software implementation methodology is desired.
- Experience with Huron/Click ERP.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Experience with visual programming applications.
- Working knowledge of AWS components and technology.
- Working knowledge of GitHub Actions and Terraform.
To view description and to apply, visit https://careers.northwestern.edu/psc/hr857prd_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=43167&PostingSeq=1
At Northwestern, we are proud to provide meaningful, competitive, high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts and more! Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/index.html to learn more.
Work-Life and Wellness:
Northwestern offers comprehensive programs and services to help you and your family navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
We support flexible work arrangements where possible and programs to help you locate and pay for quality, affordable childcare and senior/adult care. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/work-life/index.html to learn more.
Professional Growth & Development:
Northwestern supports employee career development in all circumstances whether your workspace is on campus or at home. If you’re interested in developing your professional potential or continuing your formal education, we offer a variety of tools and resources. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/learning/index.html to learn more.
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.