Point Roberts Water District #4 is looking for a dedicated, hard-working individual to join our team as a full-time Field Operator.
The primary responsibilities of this position consist of the maintenance and operation of the District's water distribution system, which includes reservoirs, water mains, pumping stations, monitoring systems, fire hydrants, and water meters. Other responsibilities include bi-monthly meter reading and sewer lift station monitoring.
Applicants must possess basic math skills, a strong mechanical aptitude, and the ability to collect pertinent data and maintain accurate records.
This position requires working in all types of weather conditions and the ability to perform strenuous physical labor, including digging, climbing in and out of trenches and manholes, and the ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
This position requires some on-call time during nights and weekends, with a short response time. Some callouts occur during the night, and emergency situations such as main breaks require an immediate response. The ideal candidate will live in or be willing to relocate to Point Roberts, or alternatively arrange to stay locally during their on-call periods.
The field operator is a public servant, and as such she/he must always treat the public with courtesy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Field Operator must:
- Have a high school education or equivalent
- Qualify for Water Distribution Manager 1 certification within 18 months of date of hire
- Have a valid Washington State driver's license and good driving record, and be capable of acquiring a commercial driver's license
- Have a familiarity with computers
- Be able to use hand and power tools
Ability to operate heavy equipment is a plus. Experience operating or installing water infrastructure is preferred but not required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible to management, and to keep management well informed at all times.
- Routine maintenance, including minor repairs and improvements, of pump station and facilities to prevent contamination and ensure good appearance and general cleanliness of the facilities and equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance of water infrastructure and keep records, such as daily plant logs and records of valve and hydrant maintenance.
- Maintain ongoing records of the day to day operation of the sewer system.
- Follow established policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist in emergency situations when and where they occur, including during nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Be available during on-call shifts in Point Roberts with less than 20 minute response time.
- Work in all weather conditions, and be able to work alone at times.
- Perform all required field operations, including climbing in and out of trenches and manholes, and lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Inform management when inventory of spare parts or supplies is running low.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary: $20-$22/hr depending on experience
Paid Vacation after first year
Sick Leave: 12 days per year
Medical Insurance: After 3 mo/90 day waiting period
Retirement: WA State PERS 2 or PERS 3
The Point Roberts Water District No. 4 is a drug, alcohol, and smoke/vape free work place.
Please direct resumes to Dan Bourks, Manager, via one of the following methods:
Point Roberts Water District #4
PO Box 39
Point Roberts, WA 98281
2002 Benson Rd
Point Roberts, WA