Maintenance Technician 5- ElectricianPort of Bellingham
Maintenance Technician 5- Electrician
The Port of Bellingham Maintenance Technicians support all Port facilities and perform general maintenance, repair, remodeling, and construction duties. The Maintenance Team includes working knowledge of several related skill fields such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, painting, mechanical, and machinist work. The Technician 5 level works under minimal supervision and performs a variety of skilled maintenance duties. This position will have an emphasis on working with electrical systems and may be required to perform other maintenance work. May direct the work of lower-level technicians.
1. Safely and properly operate shop equipment.
2. Install and repair electrical wiring and fixtures.
3. Install, service, and repair HVAC systems.
4. Install, service and troubleshooting digital logic controls for HVAC systems and lighting systems.
5. Perform maintenance and construction including low and high voltage wiring.
6. Operate and maintain power distribution systems.
7. Work together with co-workers and support a team atmosphere.
8. Work safely and follow all safety rules and guidelines.
9. Troubleshoot problems, collaborate with others and recommend solutions to reach a successful outcome.
10. Communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
11. Maintain accurate and complete records including work order completion.
12. Perform skilled and general maintenance tasks in other maintenance areas as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Education 1. HS diploma or GED 2. Washington State Driver’s License 3. At least 5-6 years of maintenance experience including electrical 4. Current WA State Journeyman license (EL01) 5. Must be able to work outside in all types of weather, lift up to 60 lbs, walk on uneven and slippery surfaces, push, pull, reach, bend, and lift. 6. Must pass the security background check.
Preferred qualification: 1. HVAC maintenance and construction experience including low and high voltage wiring 2. Power distribution systems experience 3. Experience with digital logic controls for HVAC systems and lighting systems 4. Flagger Certificate 5. Class A CDL