Combustion Turbine Journey Worker #99538Puget Sound Energy
Make A Difference In Your Community At Puget Sound Energy!
Combustion Turbine Journey Worker #99538
Puget Sound Energy is looking for a Combustion Turbine Journey Worker to join our Whitehorn Generation Facility! As a CT Journey Worker, you will inspect, operate and maintain generation plant electrical and mechanical equipment, especially as it applies to simple cycle combustion turbines, and water treatment facilities. Shift is currently 5-8 hour days Monday through Friday or 4-10 hour days starting at 0600. This position responds to plant emergencies and off hour unit operations. The selected candidate will be expected to assist with 24 hour plant coverage. You will work in a variety of settings, including: indoor and outdoor; varied weather conditions; all noise levels; sometimes hazardous conditions and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams.
Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy. At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Completion of a recognized combustion turbine apprenticeship program or its equivalent. We are willing to consider candidates who can achieve this level within the first 12 months of employment at PSE. If you have not completed a recognized combustion turbine apprenticeship program or its equivalent, you will receive training and support to assist you in the goal of completing the Journey Worker program.
• Proficient use of the tools and equipment as related to combustion turbine work.
• Solid working knowledge and ability to comply with all Company standards, policies, practices, procedures and State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the job.
• Effective communication and organization skills.
• Ability to work irregular and overtime hours as needed. A valid driver's license.
• Ability to obtain and maintain: First Aid, CPR and AED Certificate and Lift Truck certification. You will be: sitting, standing, walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate carrying, bending, reaching, kneeling, twisting, balancing, climbing, operating light equipment, tools and machinery and operating heavy equipment and machinery.
• At least four years of power plant experience is desired.
• This is an IBEW Represented position and the successful candidate will become a member of the IBEW.
• This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to random DOT drug and/or alcohol testing.
• This position is located in Blaine, WA.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.