Mechanical Engineer IISafran Ventilation Systems USA
Mechanical Engineer II
Safran Ventilation Systems USA currently has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer II.
Primary Responsibility: To work closely with other members of the engineering to define the
equipment architecture, bearing selection and definition of materials. Will be responsible for conducting
equipment failure analysis. Conduct static, fatigue and dynamics analyses of mechanical components
and mechanisms using both classical methods and FEA software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The mechanical engineer will be responsible for:
- All aspects of the product mechanical design
- Work closely with mechanical design, engineering hardware design, and product management
to drive new development of programs from concept to production.
- Able to interpret equipment requirements to translate to design of mechanical components
- Able to conduct equipment failure analysis for equipment. This include mechanical and electrical
- Perform component and mechanism analytical calculations such as but not limited to rotor
dynamics, thermal analysis, bearing selection.
- Perform analysis of FEA reports
- Assist team members in the design of the equipment including material selection, equipment
architecture and design for manufacturing
- Conduct tolerance studies
- Create drawings of mechanical components as required
- Work closely with Quality, Supply Chain and Production departments to support the
development of new programs as well as to support serial production.
- Work with electrical components to integrate in the equipment
- Provide test and evaluation support including input to ATP and QTP test plans and procedures.
- Mentoring colleagues
- 5 years of work experience
- BS or MS in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Highly organized, self starting, team oriented
- Clear and effective written and oral communication with co-workers, management,
manufacturers and customers
- CAD; 3D Solid Modeling using Pro-E (CREO) preferred
- Familiarity with FEA software and calculation methods
- Basic understanding of aerodynamic principles
- Familiarity of asynchronous and synchronous motors
- Familiarity with circuit boards, processors, chips and electronic equipment
- Understating of bearings architecture, failure modes and applications in electromechanical
- Strong analytical skills of applicable discipline , FMEA, Risk analysis
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Design and
Drafting Standards, ASME Y14.100 Engineering Drawing Practices
- Knowledge of aerospace test standards such as RTCA DO-160 and MIL-DTL-810
- Familiarity with product validation (Vibration, Shock and Environmental)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Engineering project management desired
- Designing in both US and SI units and materials
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position requires use of
information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR
defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'),
Political Asylee, or Refugee or be able to obtain an export control license.
The work environment is a warehouse setting which may require use of safety glasses and
hearing protection. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt, noise, odors, fumes, etc. may also be
encountered when in the warehouse areas to varying degrees.
Safran Ventilation Systems USA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including
medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Ventilation Systems USA must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an
employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on
assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Ventilation Systems USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable
accommodation on a case-by-case basis.