Vanpool TechnicianSkagit Transit
Vanpool Technician $19.46 per hour
Job Location: Burlington, WA
Position Type: Full Time
Job Summary: Perform preventative maintenance tasks and minor repairs of diesel, propane and gasoline powered vehicles and equipment in our maintenance facility or in the field.
- Perform periodic maintenance and servicing of vehicles in accordance with established schedules and intervals; change oil, filters and hoses; add fluids; lubricate pertinent moving parts of the chassis; repair and replace brake linings, axle shaft gaskets and wheel hub seals
- Inspect vehicles for proper operation of lighting, emergency doors, hydraulic lifts and other moving parts; identify equipment problems and makes adjustments and repairs as required
- Perform vehicle safety checks on vanpool vehicles
- Steam clean engines and equipment
- Install electrical components such as lights, wiring and fuses
- Repair auxiliary equipment such as wheelchair lifts
- Perform routine safety inspections of buses, trucks, vans and cars including undercarriage, for loose fasteners, suspension wear, brake adjustment and condition and any fluid leaks
- Respond to emergency road calls and make field repairs if possible; arrange vehicle transport to shop facilities or contract facilities as applicable to the situation
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform the job. A typical way to meet this requirement would be:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in vehicle related field with light, medium or heavy duty vehicles
- Valid Washington State Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or ability to obtain within first 60 days
- Maintain acceptable driving record
- Must provide own hand tools up to ½” drive, 1 ¼ standard and 25mm metric
Recruitment closes June 30, 2018
Please direct all questions and application materials to Human Resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org 360-757-1355
Skagit Transit is the municipal agency that provides public transportation for people who live and work in Skagit County and surrounding communities. Services include bus routes, paratransit, vanpools, and active community partnerships. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life in our service area by excelling in the efficient and effective provision of safe and reliable, and attractive public transportation services by courteous and professional employees.
Skagit Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Business. We urge women, minorities and people with disabilities to apply for any career openings we have.