The Photographer/Videographer will be responsible for quickly producing photos and videos, plus social media posts, about breaking news, business, entertainment, lifestyle news and prep and outdoor sports news. Occasionally will be asked to write, compile, aggregate and/or produce stories about breaking news.
● Produce well-composed, technically correct photos and videos.
● Produce dramatic and compelling images.
● Write accurate captions and headlines.
● Work with other staff members to collaborate on breaking news and topical stories.
● Provide visual technical assistance to other staff members.
● Ensure digital-only and outtake visuals are archived for future use.
● Occasionally will be asked to write, compile, aggregate and/or produce stories about breaking news.
● Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Required education and experience:
● College degree in journalism or communications.
● College media or internship experience required.
● One-year professional experience preferred.
● Valid driver’s license and required insurance.
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities:
● News judgment.
● Skilled at finding and talking with official sources and community members.
● Excellent photography skills.
● Facility with social media and search engine optimization.
● Quick study of digital tools.
● Ability to write breaking news.
● Energy, flexibility and online smarts.
● Able to execute both quickly and well, with creativity.
● Ability to learn and use content management systems and other web-based applications.
● Skilled with Apple products, Google email, calendars, documents and Microsoft programs.
● Ability to troubleshoot minor technology issues for self.
● Able to operate a motor vehicle to travel to news locations.