Training & Learning Coordinator (Educational Program Coordinator)
The Connecticut Small Business Development Center (CTSBDC) is seeking a full-time Training & Learning Coordinator (Educational Program Coordinator). The incumbent will report to the State Director or Associate Director and will coordinate activities, projects, and initiatives designed to support program objectives related to the Center’s mission of providing services and support to Connecticut small businesses and entrepreneurs. This position will also provide some 1:1 counseling and advising services to CTSBDC clients. This position will act as a consultant, advocate, and liaison for all CTSBDC services and resources.
The position is based in East Hartford, CT. In-state and out-of-state travel, as well as flexible hours, will be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and implementing projects and initiatives designed to achieve program objectives.
- Assisting in creating project plans that support and expand advising, learning, and research resources for CTSBDC clients and communities.
- Researching best practices and recommending delivery mechanisms to operationalize assistance.
- Meeting with stakeholders and community partners to assess opportunities for collaboration and mutual support of objectives.
- Assisting in the design, development, and presentation of workshops, seminars, and training programs that focus on the needs of clients.
- Coordinating the planning and execution of training programs and activities focused on financial literacy, marketing, and immigrant entrepreneurship, among others.
- Compiling data and preparing reports to aid in evaluating results and outcomes of projects and programs. Recommending improvements or changes.
- Assisting in developing and implementing new policies and procedures to streamline the Center's activities.
- As needed, supervising temporary or student employees, providing training and mentorship in specific areas of expertise.
- Serving as a resource for resolving project issues or roadblocks as they arise.
- Assessing financial and human resources necessary to complete planned programs and projects and making recommendations.
- As needed, supporting clients and providing technical assistance to potential and existing small businesses in Connecticut.
- Recommending ways to understand and assess the needs of the small business community to provide appropriate business advising and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Four to five years of project management, teaching/training, and/or programming experience in a business and/or educational setting.
- Demonstrated experience advising, training, and mentoring individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and economic situations.
- Proven experience coordinating and implementing programs and events.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and accurately, taking initiative, exercising sound judgment when making decisions, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple short- and long-term projects.
- Proven experience contributing to the success of a team and working well with team members; experience achieving goals/metrics.
- Demonstrated proficiency with digital communications, online meeting tools, learning methods, and research resources.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to develop, maintain, and grow meaningful relationships with various constituent groups and work effectively and collaboratively with School of Business and University staff, as well as small business owners, entrepreneurs, students, faculty, and external constituents.
- Dependable transportation and willingness and ability to work flexible hours and travel.
- Master’s degree in business or a related field.
- At least three years of experience in an educational or training role.
- Supervisory experience.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $63,500, depending on education, qualifications and experience. This is a full-time, 12-month, annually renewable position with excellent benefits. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497852 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on September 26, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
All members of the University of Connecticut are expected to exhibit appreciation of, and contribute to, an inclusive, respectful, and diverse environment for the University community.
The University of Connecticut aspires to create a community built on collaboration and belonging and has actively sought to create an inclusive culture within the workforce. The success of the University is dependent on the willingness of our diverse employee and student populations to share their rich perspectives and backgrounds in a respectful manner. This makes it essential for each member of our community to feel secure and welcomed and to thoroughly understand and believe that their ideas are respected by all. We strongly respect each individual employee’s unique experiences and perspectives and encourage all members of the community to do the same. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The University of Connecticut is an AA/EEO Employer.