Sr. IT Classroom Technology Analyst - CLS_1876P
Sr. IT Classroom Technology Analyst
This mid-level position is responsible for the insuring the classroom video and audio presentation systems are fully functional and operating as designed, planning and execution of AV support-tasks, and supervising project task completion of junior staff. This position is responsible for firmware, system software patching, and updating policy compliance for the campus. This position is also responsible for configuring systems within Extron Global Viewer Enterprise management tool, updating and maintaining the campus instance within Global Viewer, as well as such general tasks like computer installations, hardware and software updates.
Position is primarily day shift reporting to either the Manassas or Woodbridge campus of NVCC; however, organizational requirements may demand work on evenings, nights and weekends or working at other locations.
Duties and Tasks:
- Act as campus senior lead for A/V system design, implementation, Updates and Support.
- Use Enterprise Management Tools like Extron Global Viewer to perform work tasks
- Organize campus AV Systems in enterprise Management tools in compliance with College Computing directives
- Comply with security policy in performance of tasks
- Complete tasks within project time-lines.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the tasks of junior staff in completing AV system hardware, software, system testing, or system updates.
- Support A/V systems in classrooms, conference rooms, and all other campus areas
- Act as senior level escalation point for AV system issues
- Perform replacement of failed electronic components in AV systems operating in offices, classrooms, labs or student areas.
- Act as campus lead/administrator for the AV system enterprise management Tools like Extron Global Viewer.
- Responsible for planning, over-sight and execution of routine AV system tests.
- Responsible for managing warranty repair program for AV system components
- Responsible for managing accuracy of AV inventory, and location updates within the inventory tracking system
- Provide end user support via Global Viewer, or in-person, as well as supporting faculty, staff, and students in the use of classroom technologies.
- Organizational requirements may demand work on evenings, nights and weekends or working at other locations.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide on-site, in person end user support
- Ability and knowledge of designing, installing, maintaining and supporting professional AV systems.
- Knowledge of a variety of AV equipment manufacturers and models of equipment.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN networks
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose best solution to resolve problems
- Ability to coordinate and organize the activities of small teams
- Ability to (1) identify and assess customer needs, (2) meet those needs with quality standards for service, and (3) evaluate customer satisfaction
- College degree in a relevant area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience with general support for computer users
- Significant experience supporting AV systems and end users
- Significant experience managing AV systems for an enterprise
- Significant experience deploying AV equipment firmware updates, or control code, or control instructions.
- Significant experience using Microsoft Business Applications
- Significant experience performing AV systems support
- Significant experience providing high level of end user support as a member of an IT staff
- Experience leading small groups, and coordinating action of others to complete specific tasks. Ability to plan and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Competency managing TCIP configuration within AV system architecture
- Experience managing AV systems using manufacturer software tools with preference for the Extron suite of tools.
- Experience managing firmware and configuration files for AV systems
- Experience using Enterprise AV Software tools for remote user support
- Experience generating reports showing AV system usage, to include breakdown of inputs being selected as well as lamp life for projector management.
- Previous work in college or education environment
- Experience working with Extron or Crestron products
- Industry certifications for system installation, or design. To include AV manufacturers certifications
- May be required to travel between campuses.
Work schedule will be Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 P.M. The needs of the organization may require evening, weekend, or overnight hours as the situation may demand.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: https://www.vadars.org/drs/cpid/PWContact.aspx , or call DARS at 800- 552-5019.
Hiring Range-$63,000 - $69,000
Please apply at https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/56169 by 02/06/2023.
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) is the largest public institution of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia and one of the largest community colleges in the nation. NOVA enrolls nearly 75,000 students on its six campuses in Alexandria, Annandale, Sterling, Manassas, Springfield, and Woodbridge, as well as through NOVA Online and high school dual enrollment programs. The College offers more than 100 affordable associate degree and certificate programs to help our students reach their academic and professional goals in some of the most in-demand careers. At NOVA, we are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive community for all students, faculty, and staff, and our diverse workforce is representative of this commitment. To this end, we encourage all applicants seeking to add value through their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and interests to consider employment opportunities with NOVA. To learn more about NOVA’s commitment to inclusive excellence, please visit our website.
NOVA offers eligible employees a benefits package that includes a comprehensive health and dental insurance program, generous paid leave, deferred compensation plans, paid parental leave, state employee discounts, and a solid and secure retirement program.
We strive to ensure our employees have the tools and development opportunities to support and promote NOVA’s mission. For more information about NOVA and its programs and services, please visit our website at www.nvcc.edu.
The security of our students, faculty, and staff is very important at NOVA. Please take a moment to review NOVA’s Annual Security Reports.
Background Check Statement Disclaimer
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.