Associate Director Residence LifeWestern Washington University
As our Associate Director Residence Life you will serve on the University Residences senior manager leadership team under the supervision of the Director of University Residences. You will provide recommendations, leadership, and assistance to the Director of University Residences in delivering a coordinated and comprehensive residential program supporting student success. You, through collaboration with faculty, staff, and students, will lead daily operations of the Residence Life program of 4,100 residents living in 16 residence halls and 1 apartment complex, 5 professional and classified staff, and 85+ paraprofessional student staff.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Human Resource Management - Lead implementation of processes to recruit, hire, train, supervise, evaluate and retain highly talented and diverse student affairs focused staff at all position levels of Residence Life.
- Co-Curricular, Academic, and Student Development - Direct programs accelerating academic, interpersonal/behavioral, citizenship, and leadership skills for all residential students
- Operations and Administration - Guide residence life initiatives to create a seamless operational and administrative environment exceeding student needs and expectations
- Emergency Response - Direct and evaluate all emergency and crisis responses
- Strategic Planning, Leadership and Assessment - Provide exceptional leadership for professional and student staff by strategic planning, implementation and assessment for assigned initiatives, and committee work in Residential Life, University Residences and the Division of Enrollment and Student Services
- Fiscal Resource Management - Administrate fiscal processes with maximum integrity and timeliness
- External Relations - Provide excellent support and leadership to all external stakeholders through service minded attention to the broader University Residences, Enrollment and Student Services, and university missions
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, Student Affairs or related field, with at least seven years of post-master's experience demonstrating progressively responsible organizational authority in a campus residence life/housing setting
- Successful experience in recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, and retaining highly talented and diverse staff
- Demonstrated experience developing academic, interpersonal/behavioral, citizenship, and leadership skills for students
- Supervision of professional and paraprofessional staff, including recruitment and professional devleopment
- Demonstrated ability to integrate the values of diversity, inclusion, and equity into Residence Life
- Demonstrated experience with student conduct
- Ability to successful manage crises and emergencies
- Experience assessing and managing risk
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning, implementation and assessment
- Experience analyzing and resolving conflict, team building, group dynamics and problem solving skills, and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of regulations affecting residential life programs (i.e. Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Housing Act, and Title IX)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative supervisory and collegial relationships
- Operational knowledge and experience managing budgets
Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.