Classroom AV SpecialistWestern Washington University
As Classroom AV Specialist you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the University's classroom audiovisual equipment and computer systems used by faculty, staff, and students in all general-use classrooms, television studios, and computer labs.
In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for emergency calls for technical support in these classrooms and labs. Working with other University audiovisual support staff, you would also provide technical expertise to support special events and videoconferencing needs. You will also be responsible for managing the AV Equipment Loan, coordinating student workers, checking out equipment, and handling inventory.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Installation, upgrading, and maintenance of the functionality of general-university classroom, television studio, and lab AV equipment and computers
- Providing emergency classroom and lab technical support
- Handling the inventory, maintenance, and checkout of portable media equipment
- Supporting the technical requirements of university special events that require media equipment (such as laptop computers, webcams, microphones, speakers, podia, projectors, and screens)
- Assisting in the decision-making for acquisition of new systems for instructional support
The State HR classification for this position is Information Technology Specialist 2.
- Four or more years of experience supporting audiovisual and multimedia systems
- Associates degree (or higher) in electronics, electrical engineering or related field
- At least one year of experience configuring and troubleshooting modern audiovisual control systems (such as Extron, AMX, or Crestron) software and networks
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills