Locksmith - ProjectWestern Washington University
This is a project-employment position, ending October 2019.
As our Locksmith - Project, your responsibilities will include:
- Making and issuing keys/electronic access required for students and staff in their use of offices, laboratories, and other facilities throughout campus
- Maintaining records of key/electronic access assignments and lock for buildings on campus
- Re-keying lock to improve building security
- Assisting in the maintenance of the master key system
- Inspecting key and locking systems for buildings, changing combinations of safes and vaults, and performing emergency keying and opening services on locks and safes
- Straightening, repairing, installing, and servicing panic locking and non-locking devices; maintaining and repairing doors, door closures and door jambs
- Using and maintaining hand and power tools such as lock picks, drills, wood chisels, metal grinders, etc; operating key duplicating machines, drill press, grinders, and other power and hand tools required for accomplishing work
- Performing administrative duties such as alphabetizing and filing, answering phones, and providing customer service
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Three years of work experience as a locksmith or equivalent education/experience
- Ability to operate motor vehicle with valid driver's license
- Physical ability to carry up to 50lbs up and down stairs
- MS Excel experience
Prior to a new hire, a fingerprint background check including a criminal record history will be conducted. Information about the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining your suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Position closes 10/18/2018
Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.