Project ManagerWestern Washington University
This is a 24-month term position.
As our Project Manager you will oversee moderate to high complexity projects from project initiation to closing. In collaboration with Business and Financial Affairs management teams, you will be responsible for project planning, team formation, conducting needs assessments, participation in request for proposals (RFP) and vendor selection processes, and providing recommendations to the stakeholders and Business Process Improvement Initiatives (BPII) Steering Committee. During project implementation, you are responsible for assigning responsibilities and managing schedules/resources to ensure projects are on time and within budget. You will also facilitate and/or perform business process analysis, systems analysis, and change management. You will report to the Assistant Director of Business and Financial Systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project Management: Oversees moderate to high complexity projects from project initiation to closing. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Project initialization, planning, and scope
- Resource planning, scheduling, time and cost estimating, documentation
- Conducting business process analysis (BPA)
- Creating project initiation, recommendation, and closing papers
- Providing detailed financial analysis (return on investment (ROI)) to support recommendations including budgetary impacts
- Preparing and executing project quality assurance procedures
- Managing risks and issues
- Monitoring and reporting project progress and ensuring all project documentation is complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Organize and hold project progress meetings. Prepare emails and announcements to communicate project updates to the campus, stakeholders, core team(s), management, and BPII Portfolio Manager, Sponsors, and Steering Committee.
Risk and Change Management:
- Work with Human Resources' Organization Development Team on change management and with Risk, Compliance and Policy Services to introduce risk awareness by proactively identifying and raising control deficiencies and driving diligent risk remediation.
- Develop strong relationships with all project stakeholders.
Standardization and Best Practices:
- Following the PMI Book of Knowledge (PMIBOK) for standard project methodologies on all Business and Financial Affairs projects, researches and recommends industry best practices and incorporates them into the project implementation plan. Ensures project solutions meet Federal and State rules as well as University policies and standards.
- Work with vendors, partner with stakeholders, and influence strategic planning based on industry analysis and standards. Additionally, work with stakeholders on post-implementation benefits. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field.
- Five (5) years of project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties listed above.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large software implementation projects, including successful leadership of application software initiatives, either vended solutions or in-house developed applications.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills with a diverse group of business and technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability in creative problem solving with excellent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate, simplify and communicate technical information to business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient with project management and process analysis tools, including MS Project, Smartsheet, and Visio.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough research into project and process analysis related issues and products.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to shifting demands and time lines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Highly self-driven and self-motivated and the ability to work collaboratively in a professional and productive manner.