Project ManagerWestern Washington University
The Project Manager oversees a portfolio of application and systems development projects of moderate to high complexity through the full project lifecycle, working with cross-functional teams to meet with their business objectives through implementation of new technologies and/or business processes. In collaboration with other project managers, this position will assemble the project team, assign responsibilities, managing schedules, and resources, and guide stakeholder expectations to ensure timely completion of projects. This position will also facilitate Business Process Analysis and Systems Analysis when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
• Demonstrated experience managing the execution and implementation of software development projects with multiple integrations
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of project management concepts and software development lifecycles (such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall)
• Proficient with Project and Portfolio Management Tools
• Expert in running efficient and productive meetings, as well as taking thorough notes to capture decisions
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate complex topics effectively with business and technical staff
• Ability to guide stakeholders through the development of technical specifications
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and technical process analysis skills
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines; strong multi-tasking skills, with an attention to detail; ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as well as ability to work effectively with employees with differing opinions, in a professional and productive manner
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse employees
• Experience managing and communicating change
• Experience with Ellucian Banner ERP system
• Experience writing technical and training documentation, preparing and delivering training
• Curiosity, creativity, and flexibility
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or equivalent
Salary Commensurate with experience and qualifications; includes an excellent benefits package.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications.
Please include the names and contact information of three professional references.
Closing Date Notes Application review begins September 19th, 2018; position is open until filled.