Adjunct Clinical Nursing Instructor
Whatcom Community College
Posted on February 14, 2018
Whatcom Community College invites applications for part-time adjunct faculty to teach the clinical component of the Nursing Program Spring Quarter 2018. This is for two half-time positions and one quarter time position, teaching usually Mondays, Tuesdays, and some Wednesdays.
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Current clinical (hospital) experience of at least 3 years.
- Current unencumbered Washington State Registered Nursing license or the ability to obtain license by April 2018.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abilities.
- Master's degree in Nursing.
- An understanding of the mission of a community college.
- A desire to provide a unique and quality experience for students.
- Actively contributes to a work environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of organizational goals. Treats everyone with respect and dignity, and appreciates the differences in people.
- Based on the current part-time salary schedule.
- Spring quarter 2018. April 3rd, 2018.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Along with an online application, the following elements are required:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement that demonstrates a commitment to pluralism and the ability to support a diverse workplace and educational environment.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official transcripts required prior to official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact information.