Adjunct Health & Wellness InstructorWhatcom Community College
Adjunct Faculty, Health & Wellness Instructor
Whatcom Community College invites applications for a part-time, adjunct faculty position to teach Health and Wellness beginning Fall Quarter 2019. The College is seeking a dynamic individual interested in developing and engaging students through the use and implementation of innovative and inclusive curriculum and teaching methods, including the application of technology, both inside and outside the classroom. The College seeks faculty who have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, colleagues, staff, and others in a campus climate that promotes cultural diversity and global understanding.
Being a faculty member at Whatcom offers the opportunity to engage in the advancement of equitable student outcomes and the elimination of equity gaps. Faculty have regular opportunities for on-campus professional development, collaboration with colleagues, and engagement in workshops and learning communities. These opportunities contribute to professional advancement at the College, as well as personal growth. This position supports all four of the College's four core themes – achieving success, building community, advancing equity, and enhancing effectiveness.
- Job Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- An understanding of the mission of a community college.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abilities.
- A desire to provide a unique and quality experience for students.
- This position requires regular and punctual attendance.
- Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Experience teaching health and or biology is preferred.
- Teaching experience in a post-secondary institution.
- Develops innovative ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges and brings ideas to supervisor.
- Earns the trust, respect, and confidence of coworkers and public through consistent honesty, forthrightness and professionalism in all interactions.
- Actively contributes to a work environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspectives enhance the attainment of organizational goals. Treats everyone with respect and dignity, and appreciates the differences in people.
- Based on the current adjunct salary schedule.
- Fall Quarter 2019.
- As soon as possible.
- Special Instructions to Applicant
A completed application consists of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement that responds to the following question (1 page max).
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official transcripts required prior to the official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact information.
- Whatcom Community College
- 237 W Kellogg Rd.
Bellingham, Washington, 98226