Adjunct Nursing InstructorWhatcom Community College
Adjunct Faculty, Nursing Instructor
Whatcom Community College invites applications for part-time Adjunct Nursing instructors beginning Fall Quarter 2019. This is for two half-time positions and one quarter time position. The teaching assignments are generally Monday, Tuesday, and some Wednesdays and will include nursing laboratory and clinical teaching, and assisting with nursing simulation. WCC's nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and graduates of the program consistently exhibit nearly perfect NCLEX first attempt pass rates and job placement rates.
- Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution (must be eligible for a waiver from the Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission).
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Washington or the ability to obtain license by September 2019.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Three years current clinical (hospital) experience.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of Whatcom Community College.
- Experience teaching Nursing in a higher education setting using a student-centered approach to teaching and learning.
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities with students and colleagues.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and a commitment to equity and inclusion with students.
- Be able to pass background checks and drug screens as required by hospitals and clinics upon hire.
- Be able to provide documentation meeting immunization requirements as required by hospitals and clinics upon hire.
- Based on the current part-time salary schedule.
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be received as soon as possible. Position open until filled.
- Special Instructions to Applicant
A completed application consists of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement that demonstrates a commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial transcripts for all earned degrees; official transcripts required prior to the official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact information.
- Whatcom Community College
- 237 W Kellogg Rd.
Bellingham, Washington, 98226