AHECWW (Area Health Education Centers) Health Professions CoordinatorWhatcom Community College
The AHECWW (Area Health Education Centers) Health Professions Coordinator supports the WCC-based AHECWW leadership staff in implementing the Center's goals, objectives and activities around youth outreach and pipeline development in health professions for rural and medically underserved urban areas in Western Washington. Pipeline activity involves outreach and coordinating events and efforts related to developing sustained awareness, impact and interest for K-12 and out-of-school youth to enter health professions fields. Reporting directly to the AHECWW Center Director, the AHECWW Health Professions Pipeline Coordinator will work with AHECWW staff in supporting and fulfilling assignments as described below.
Include but are not limited to:
- Works with AHECWW leadership to strategize and implement activities, contacts and data needed towards the goal of creating a sustained and impactful health professions pipeline program.
- Works with AHECWW leadership to set up and implement procedures, tracking methods, filing and managing data for pipeline activities.
- Maintains contact lists for pipeline outreach; implements marketing to and participates in outreach to community partners, professionals, students, and to educational institutions for recruitment of potential participants, facilities, and other supports.
- Works with AHECWW leadership to establish a timeline of pipeline events; follows timeline and facilitates progress; coordinates the logistics of pipeline events including Scrubs Camps; tracks registrants, makes room arrangements and other travel arrangements, orders supplies, identifies and facilitates insurance needs for participating providers.
Collaborates with Future Health Professionals (HOSA) to promote state leadership conferences and creation of new chapter sites in rural and urban-underserved communities.
- Coordinates pipeline mapping project and database to support leveraging of statewide programs and information with the goal of building coordinated efforts and meaningful data to increase impact.
- Collaborates with the Pipeline Summit event planning committee on behalf of the AHECWW on program content and logistics.
- Assists with coordination meetings for the Rural Nursing Distance Learning and Diversity Initiative in Washington State on issues related to pipeline development.
- Supports AHECWW recruitment and retention activities and presentations.
- Supports AHECWW staff in composing and editing grant reports and surveys related to pipeline programs.
- Supports the development of marketing materials, web copy and presence, social media and other collateral materials for consistent branding and communications (email announcements, web updates, brochures, postcards, exhibit materials). Distributes information to Center partners regarding pipeline activities and programs.
- Supports and responds to pipeline program inquiries.
- Other: assists with other AHECWW event logistics and travel arrangements as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Detailed requisites and req'd application materials online www.governmentjobs.com/ careers/whatcomcc 360-383-3400/VP 360-255-7182 EEO/AA Employer