Associate Director for Entry ServicesWhatcom Community College
Exempt, Associate Director for Entry Services
Whatcom Community College invites applications for an Associate Director for Entry Services. Entry Services supports all students from the time of application through to graduation by providing services founded on integrity, civility, equity, and respect. Employees work to engage students in academic exploration and development based on their assessments of strengths, interests, goals and enrichment opportunities.
Through cross-departmental collaboration, the Associate Director for Entry Services will implement services, programs, and strategies designed to increase recruitment and retention for Whatcom Community College's diverse student population. This position reports to the Registrar.
- Job Responsibilities
A successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership, management, and support in the development and implementation of the entry experience, including the Welcome Center and the Admissions Department.
- Implement innovative strategic enrollment practices and ideas.
- Collaborate with a variety of departments across campus.
- Integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout services and practices.
- Oversee and manage operations of the Welcome Center.
- Provide support and supervision of admissions & registration staff.
- Ensure compliance with college, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate full-time and part-time/hourly employees in accordance with state and federal laws, policies, and procedures.
- Co-develop and manage the entry and onboarding experience for new and returning students; coordinate communication to promote inclusion and equitable access to college information.
- Facilitate presentations, workshops and direct report meetings to educate and support student enrollment.
- Participate in development, implementation and evaluation of policies, objectives, short-term and long-term planning using an equity lens for sustained growth.
- Manage college-wide student communication planning using a client relationship management (CRM) solution software and across multiple marketing platforms, including print, digital, and social media campaigns.
- Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with increasing management responsibilities.
- Experience in admissions in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- This is a 12-month, full-time Administrative/Exempt position. Exempt from Washington State civil service law with an annual salary based upon a range of $56,000-$60,000, depending on experience..
- The position comes with a full benefit package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the PSLF program. If you work for the College full time, have had Direct Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to apply.
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC courses.
- As soon as can be arranged with successful candidate.
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be received by Friday September 6th, 2019 at 4:59 pm. Position open until filled.
- Special Instructions to Applicant
A completed application consists of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement providing examples of (1) how you have integrated equity and inclusion in your work and (2) how you will promote equitable practices in education through this position.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official transcripts required prior to official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact information.
- Whatcom Community College
- 237 W Kellogg Rd.
Bellingham, Washington, 98226