Part-Time Microsoft InstructorWhatcom Community College
Part-Time Hourly, Community & Continuing Ed-Microsoft Office Instructor
Whatcom Community College invites applications for a Microsoft instructor with a focus on corporate and customized training with the Community and Continuing Education department. This is a contracted, non-permanent position with a salary starting at $75 per instructional hour and $40 per hour for curriculum development.
- Job Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Teach novice to expert level Microsoft Office workshops, with an emphasis on Excel, to corporate clients' employees, both on-site and on campus.
- With Community & Continuing Education manager, consult with corporate clients to determine training needs, make recommendations, and participate in crafting training proposals.
- Create and/or customize curriculum based on clients' needs.
- Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent teaching experience.
- Expert-level Excel skills; strong working knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote; and ability to stay current with Microsoft Office suite.
- Training experience in a corporate or business environment.
- Understanding of how Excel is utilized in a typical business environment.
- Experience in higher education.
- This is a part-time hourly, non-permanent position that is based on the availability of customized training contracts through the Community & Continuing Education department. Wage starts at $75 per instruction hour, with the potential for a sliding scale based on larger class sizes, and $40 per hour for any required curriculum development, as needed.
- January 2020, or as soon as customized training contracts become available in 2020.
- As soon as possible. Position open until filled.
- Special Instructions to Applicant
A completed application consists of an online application and:
- A letter of application that addresses the job requirements outlined in this announcement and your availability.
- A résumé.
- List of three professional references.
- Whatcom Community College
- 237 W Kellogg Rd
Bellingham, Washington, 98226