Extension County DirectorWSU Extension
Washington State University (WSU) Extension County Director
This is a twelve-month, non-tenured, promotion track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, within WSU Extension in the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS). The position is headquartered at the WSU Extension Jefferson County Office in Port Hadlock, Washington.
Earned Master’s degree in and demonstrated knowledge and experience of at least one core program area of Agriculture, Natural Resources, Youth Development/4-H, Community Development, Organizational Development, and/or Family and Consumer Sciences. Ability to interpret and enforce University and County policies and best practices in a variety of areas, including personnel and financial, conflict of interest, volunteer management, program liability.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Demonstrated competency in planning, implementation and evaluation processes of Extension programs.
- Demonstrated ability in extramural fund development, including grant writing.
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork with interdisciplinary and/or multi-agency teams.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and listening skills in relating to a variety of audiences, including elected officials, staff, volunteers, media, and agency representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work with community leaders, farmers, agribusiness, government agency representatives, elected officials, environmentalists, consumers, youth and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver educational programs using a variety of methodologies, including distance education, asynchronous technologies, and educational events.
- Proficiency in computer technology, including word processing, spreadsheets, electronic slide presentations, and email.
Click Apply Now for more details and to apply online.
Screening of complete application packets will begin on March 18, 2019.