Salary: $25.31 - $27.57/ hr plus excellent benefits.
Closes: September 6, 2017
Maintenance Technicians perform general maintenance, repair, remodeling and construction duties utilizing working knowledge of several related skill fields such as plumbing, carpentry, painting and general shop duties. Inspect, repair, install and maintain physical facilities, locks, and focusing on the maintenance and repair of a variety of plumbing systems. Work under minimal supervision and perform a variety of skilled maintenance duties.This position will have an emphasis on working with plumbing systems and will be required to perform other maintenance work. May direct the work of lower level technicians.
- Plan, lay out, schedule and complete maintenance tasks related to construction, alterations, maintenance and repair of buildings, roadways, marine structures, irrigation systems, floors, roofs, stairways, doors, windows, etc. involving carpentry, painting, plumbing, sign making, locksmith, masonry, and other building trades.
- Safely operate all related shop equipment.
- Understand and follow WISHA and L&I work place safety rules
- Prepare estimates of labor and materials. Assist engineers in planning, estimating and preparing specifications on construction, maintenance, repair and alteration of facilities and equipment
- Repair and make modifications to fire suppression systems. Inspect, repair, and charge fire extinguishers.
- Work over water repairing and maintaining docks, floats and other over-water structures. Work with various treated woods.
- Install and maintain underground utilities except electrical related utilities.
- Plow snow, operate tractors and all heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems and collaborate with others to recommend solutions.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, tenants, customers, and supervisors.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Respond to call outs and after hours emergencies.
- Perform skilled and general maintenance tasks in other maintenance areas as assigned.
Requires a HS diploma or GED, WA. State Driver’s License and a good driving record. At least 4-6 years maintenance experience including facilities maintenance and repair, general construction, and/or plumbing. Must pass the security background check. Preferred: Current WA State Journeyman license, Flagger Certificate, Forklift certification, Class A CDL, Associates degree in related field.