Information Technology Specialist 2, Admissions
Western Washington University
Posted on August 16, 2017
As our Information Technology Specialist 2, you will require knowledge on website and SharePoint design and development and small-scale database design and development, knowledge of computer hardware and desktop applications, some knowledge of business process analysis and project management to IT systems. While under general supervision, you will support departmental web, SharePoint, and eMarket sites, departmental databases, projects and business process analysis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Website Development and Maintenance: AVP-BFA website development and maintenance as well as development and maintenance of eMarket sites.
- Providing backup to hardware and software application support
- Database development, database maintenance and Crystal Report writing/developing/modifying
- Conducting Business Process Analysis (BPA) for campus customers
- IT system implementation support including responding to and resolving IT application issues
- SharePoint site development and maintenance including developing sites, migrating data and training for use of the site
- SCLogic mail tracking application support including secondary support if SCLintra is unable to process a request
- Three (3) years of aggregate experience in website development, database design and development
- Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Access, database design, query development, form and report design and development, ODBC, and Crystal Reports
- Strong understanding of web development tools (WordPress, Drupal, Dream Weaver)
- Fluent knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS SharePoint
- Fluent understanding of business process analysis and strong process mapping skill
- Participated in analytical work in a large-scale computer system or software environment
- Understand general daily business processes
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability effectively translate, simplify and communicate technical information to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, as well as in various team structures
- Highly self-driven and self-motivated
- Team oriented, user friendly, and able to elicit welcoming customer engagement
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Project
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and desktop applications
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Banner experience
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications.
Please include the names and contact information of three professional references.